THE MARKING SHEET
There are 3 areas which you will be marked on:
• Core competencies (most important)
• Instructional techniques
• Instructor characteristics
The reason why the core competencies is so important is because you can’t score less than 4 in any of this category.
The core competencies is like the bread and butter of a good driving instructor.
THE 3 CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Fault – Identifying the pupil has made a mistake
• Analysis – Talking about the mistake and helping the pupil understand the difference between the wrong and right way.
• Remedial action – Giving the pupil some advice or instruction to prevent them from making the same mistake again.