Moving From Another Driving School Or Driving Instructor
Do you ever get to the end of your lessons and feel that you haven’t learnt anything?
The reality is – that you probably haven’t.
“I didn’t know that I wouldn’t enjoy my lessons”
When we start our driving lessons we know so little about, how we are going to feel. How will I get on with the driving instructor? Will I like the car I am learning in? does the driving instructors style suit me? And many more unanswered questions until that first driving lesson.
You may then discover that driving lessons with that school/driving instructor, is not for you. You can change at any time and you are most welcome to give Helen a call and have a chat about your needs, what you have experienced and we will aim to make your driving experience a happier one and help you achieve your driving goals
What you should expect from your driving instructor?
The Driving Standards Agency is very clear, as the procedure driving instructors should follow when conducting lessons. This is to make sure that “you” the customer is getting the maximum benefit from your lessons.
Does your driving instructor arrive on time for at least 90% of lessons?
Does your driving instructor always recap the previous lesson to agree on strengths and weaknesses?
Does your driving instructor always-state firm lesson objectives as to what you will be learning during the current lesson and exactly what you will be trying to achieve?
Structured Lessons are Very Important
(It is vital that every lesson has a clear purpose or you will be simply “driving around”.)
- Does your driving instructor teach in a non-confrontational manner or shout and complain when you make mistakes?
- Does your driving instructor attempt to prevent mistakes by checking with you what you are about to do before you make a mistake or simply complain or offer negative feedback after the event?
- Does your driving instructor help and guide you with feedback and encouragement to build your confidence?
- Does your driving instructor analyse why mistakes were made and interact with you to find a solution to improve your understanding?
- Does your instructor praise you when you succeed in a task?
- Does your driving instructor finish the lesson with a recap of what has been learnt and does he / she ask questions to check your understanding?